Call the Mississippi Forestry Commission
Call the Mississippi Forestry Commission’s Central Dispatch Number to request a burn permit or report a wildfire.
View Permit Map
Click here for a summary map of today’s permit issuance allowance.
Information You Need
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Type of burning (agriculture or forestry)
- Number of acres
- Forestry purpose (hazard reduction, control undesirable species, control disease, site prep, wildlife management, or other)
- Landowner name
- Person responsible for fire
- Telephone number
- Location of property (40, section, township and range)
- Beginning date, end date, and time of fire
- Minimum requirements for permit are 3.5 m/s transport wind speed and 500 meters mixing height OR 3.0 m/s transport wind speed and 890 meters mixing height.
Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality’s Open Burning Regulations
Visit the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality’s website to view the state’s open burning regulations.