The Mississippi Forestry Commission (MFC) provides links to many websites that are not controlled, maintained, or regulated by the MFC or any organization affiliated with the MFC. As such MFC is not responsible for the content of those websites. Use of information obtained from those websites is voluntary, and reliance on that information should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy. Websites which refernce any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, or trademark does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favor by the MFC.
- Private Landowner Services provided by the MFC
- Seedling Vendor Page
- Reforestation Tax Credit Information Page
- Forest Products Locator to view a directory of primary or secondary forest products manufacturers in the Southeast.
Forest Management Links
- The Mississippi Timber Price Report is helpful for those planning a timber sale.
- Education courses for forest landowners are available through the Mississippi State Extension Service .
- Courses may also be offered through County Forestry Associations. See the Mississippi Forestry Association's website for more information.
- Aerial or satellite imagery for some areas may be purchased from Terraserve.com.
- Tax information for your forestland National Timber Tax web site.
- Looking for a registered forester in Mississippi, check out the Mississippi Board of Registration for Foresters website.
- For information on forest insects and diseases, visit the USDA Forest Service Forest Health website.
- “Hungry Pests” website informs people about the danger of invasive species throughout the U.S. This website describes hungry pests as invasive species that threaten to harm crops and trees.
- USDA Southern Forest Futures Project (General Technical Report 178)
- Soil Suitability Map 2016
Wildfire and Forest Protection Links
- Reduce the risk of wildfire to your home with helpful information at the National Firewise Website.
- Southern Area Coordination Center
- National Wildfire Coordination Group
- Jackson Office National Weather Service
- The Mississippi Prescribed Fire Council
Urban and Community Forestry Links
- Tree Protection Standards in Construction Sites
- EAB Cost Calculator Tool
- Tree Plotter Web Based Inventory App
- Urban and Community Forestry Grant Program
- The International Society of Arboriculture is a non-profit organization supporting tree care research around the world and dedicated to the care and preservation of shade and ornamental trees.
- American Forests is one of the nation’s oldest tree care organizations. View information on assessment tools, national issues, significant trees, and much more.
- National Arbor Day Foundation
- A source of information on funding and national issues. The USDA Forest Service supports regional, state, and local programs through technical and financial assistance, and research.
- Communities interested in developing tree ordinances should visit the International Society of Arboriculture for more information.
- Look at funding from some of the foremost experts in the field of urban and community forestry and view fact sheets. Check out these sites: University of Washington and the Pacific Southwest Research Station of the USDA Forest Service.
Agency and Organization Links
- National Forests in Mississippi - USDA Forest Service
- State Parks in Mississippi - Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, & Parks
- Mississippi Soil and Water Conservation Commission
- Mississippi Association of Conservation Districts
- Mississippi Forestry Association is a not-for-profit organization representing a broad range of members in Mississippi’s forestry community such as timberland owners, professional foresters, logging contractors, forest products manufacturers, wood fiber suppliers, state and federal agencies, and suppliers of products and services.
- Mississippi State University Extension Service Offices by County
- Natural Resources Conservation Service has information on backyard conservation, tree planting, pest management, and more. Assistance programs can be found at www.nrcs.usda.gov/NRCSProg.html
- The Nature Conservancy
- Mississippi Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Southern Regional Extension Service
- USDA Farm Service Agency
- Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, & Parks Home Page
- American Tree Farm System
- American Forest and Paper Association
- The National Association of State Foresters
- Southern Group of State Foresters
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Delta Research and Extension Center
- Mississippi State University Forestry Department
- Project Learning Tree National Homepage
- Mississippi Project Learning Tree Home Page
- Southern Research Station
- Southern Regional Extension Forestry (SREF) Forest Health website.