The Mississippi Forestry Commission is charged in MS Code Section 49-19-3 to "promote sound forest management practices which maintain the integrity of the environment and provide for our state's future natural resource needs." The Mississippi Forestry Commission offers a variety of forest management services to non-industrial private forest landowners of relatively small acreages. Landowners with large tracts of forestland are routinely referred to private consulting foresters.
Click here to participate in the Mississippi Forest Action Plan Survey - available until September 30, 2019.
The Mississippi Forestry Commission offers the following Forest Management Programs
- Forest Health
- Forest Inventory
- Forest Legacy
- Forest Resource Development Program (FRDP)
- Forest Stewardship Program in Mississippi
- Mississippi's Forest Action Plan
- Prescribed Fire
- Private Lands Programs
- Public Lands Programs
- Reforestation Tax Credit in Mississippi
- Resource Analysis/Economic Development
- Tree Planting Resources
- Water Quality and Forestry Best Management Practices