The preferred application process is online through Mississippi State Personnel Board’s under the job seekers tab. Completed Experience and Training Records with any additional documentation should be sent to the Mississippi State Personnel Board, 210 East Capitol Street, Suite 800, Jackson, MS 39201.
The paper application is available in PDF format for applicants to print and mail to MSPB or the appropriate agency. "Click Here" to download the paper application. Applications will be considered incomplete if the supplemental questions for each individual job opening are not completed and attached.
In order for all State and/or Federal requirements to be met, the MS State Personnel Board will accept and evaluate all applications and place eligible applicants on the appropriate list. This list will then be routed through the Mississippi Forestry Commission's Human Resources Department to the appropriate location for action.
- All applications and/or transfers for Forester positions must include a copy of their current registered forester’s card with their application.
- MFC employees requesting a transfer must submitt application through the requesting employees chain of command and then to the MFC Human Resources Department.
- Forest Ranger I - Location: Newton County, MS / MFC South Central District. A copy of the official vacancy notice can be found by clicking the link here. (Ranger I Vacancy Notice)
- Forest Ranger III - Location: Attala County, MS / MFC East Central District. A copy of the official vacancy notice can be found by clicking the link here. (Ranger III Vacancy Notice)
- Forester Trainee - Location: Leake County, MS / MFC East Central District. A copy of the official vacancy notice can be found by clicking the link here. (Forester Trainee Vacancy Notice)
- (2) Forester Trainee - Locations: Harrison County, MS and Pearl River County, MS / MFC Southeast District. A copy of the official vacancy notice can be found here. (Forester Trainee Vacancy Notice)